During my time as a candidate attorney my experience ranged from general commercial and employment litigation and labour related contracts and disputes to general commercial work such as the drafting of sale agreements, memorandums of incorporation, shareholder's agreements and the like. Prior to the drafting of these contracts I was involved in multiple due diligence investigations with my involvement ranging from initial client meetings, reviewing of agreements and drafting of the final report.
My clerkship was divided into two seats. My first 12 months was set in the employment and commercial dispute resolution team and my last 12 months was seated in the commercial M&A team. Werksmans prides itself on getting even the most junior staff members involved in transactions and issues of varying complexity. I was exposed to a broad range of matters
and was involved in almost every step of a dispute/transaction.
I was retained in the general M&A team of Werksmans after my initial two year clerkship. During my time as an Associate I was involved in numerous local and international transactions spanning from mid to high-level due diligence investigations to contractual drafting. My drafting experience has encompassed numerous types of agreements and documents, including, inter alia:
- Board and shareholder resolutions
- Shareholder Agreements
- Share Purchase Agreements
- Subscription Agreements
- Service Level Agreements
- Supply Agreements
- Call and Put Option Agreements
- General Sale Agreements (including sale of business etc.)
- License Agreements
Amongst numerous due diligence investigations, I took part in a number of notable transactions, inter alia:
- The Acquisition by Real Foods (Pty) Ltd and the Kauai Group of companies of Highveld Honey CC
- The listing of Avior Capital Markets Holding Limited on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange)
- The Sale of Zambian based Buks Haulage Limited by Cargo Carriers Limited (A JSE Listed Company)
- The Acquisition by VT Holdings Limited (a Japanese based company) of 51% of the share capital in Peugeot Citroën South Africa Proprietary Limited held by Automobiles Peugeot (France)
- The sale of numerous businesses by Investec Limited
Luminance is a startup company that provides an AI based platform to law firms in order to assist M&A teams buy streamlining document review and anomaly detection within a virtual data room.
Within my role as a Legal Product Expert I took part in the refinement of clause types and subsequent analysis within the platform, assisting the product in its understanding of particular clauses and contract identification within the context of UK and international laws and their applicability to local and cross-border transactions.
At the London Clinic I provided assistance within the legal team by reviewing and drafting all commercial contracts which The London Clinic is required to conclude.
The drafting and negotiating aspects of my position related to, inter alia, the following types of agreements:
- Drafting and reviewing distribution, sale, maintenance, purchasing, procurement, SaaS, B2B, B2C and contractor agreements;
- I have been involved in bespoke contracts relating to specialized clinical trials;
- Negotiating the provision of services and product purchasing agreements;
- Cross-table negotiating with service providers;
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on GDPR agreements (data processing and sharing) compliance;
- Policy creation and implementation, including, legal process automation;
- Drafting terms and conditions from scratch relating to regulated services provided by the Clinic;
- Provide legal support through consultation with the Financial and Commercial Directors of the Clinic; and
- Monitor compliance within the regulated healthcare service
At KellyDeli I oversee the legal issues arising in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands. My duties range from drafting and reviewing franchise, service level, supply and distribution agreements to daily management and advice. I am overseeing the implementation of GDPR compliance and its management as well as legal operations and the on boarding of a whistle blowing mechanism in line with recent EU directives.
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with Simply Agree through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018 LawLawyerTemplate - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder